Sunday, September 20, 2009

Favorite of the Day: Margaret Howell

In honor of London Fashion Week's 25th anniversary, a number of its sons and daughters who had decamped to New York, Milan and Paris are returning to show their collections in their home country this week. So unlike past years when I recognized very few of the designers showing in that city, there will be some familiarity. But what I love about London is the unfamiliarity.

I'd never heard of Margaret Howell before this morning, and I've obviously been missing a lot because if anything screams Samantha, it's stripes and muted colors. There were a lot of both.






It's lacks the playfulness of the Karen Walker show that I loved for it's similar Life at the Coast aesthetic.

But then, I'm not really a playful girl.


Photos via

No comments: