Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Favorite of the Day: Band of Outsiders

Most events are said to come in threes. Deaths. Births. Trends on the runway. So it should be no surprise that in my third favorite from the New York Spring/Summer 2012 shows, I continue to ignore the prevailing winds. It won't last for long. I won't continue to be quite so contrary and quite so stubborn as I play catch up on my favorites. But the Band of Outsiders show on September 10th gave me a reason to stay on that path for a bit longer.





After wearing sundresses and lightweight sweaters and various pairs of shorts for the past few months, the idea of spending next summer in clothes that so deftly mixed a frothy femininity and a restrained masculinity excited me.

Because they would allow me to be this and that all at once.


Photos via

No comments: