Friday, October 7, 2011

Favorite of the Day: Louis Vuitton

I spend most of fashion month going back and forth. Avoiding and then embracing and then avoiding the prevailing trends. In the rush of it all, I love things that I later realize I hate. I overlook complete collections only to rediscover their beauty months later.

I've never been one to embrace sudden changes. But in this case, I think it's evidence that I'm pulling back the layers and really looking at the clothes. For this reason, and many others, I both loathe and love the end of fashion month. But I'm getting away from the issue at hand.

Marc Jacobs' has a tendency to change as well. To move from one pole to another with an ease that is rarely seen in the industry. Though there is a good amount of spectacle at every Louis Vuitton show, it never overshadows the clothes.





From the S&M shop of last season, he did an about face and landed in the realm of the feminine, the light, the airy and the sweet.


Photos via

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG. This is why I love. MJ. This is the best collection I have seen in quite some time. I want everything. Thanks!!