Thursday, June 18, 2009

Come Again Another Day

It feels like it's been raining forever.

One of my friend's looked at me this weekend and said I don't know how to say this, but that's a Fall bag.

I smiled and told her that I knew before explaining that I didn't feel like switching everything I own from one bag to another and so had brought the brown, suede Coach shoulder bag along on my trip. This was partly true. I left out that it's felt like Fall. Or at least that nasty part of late Winter/early Spring when the rain is cold and you shiver all the way down to the bone. And for this reason, I keep reaching for the bag.

Considering the style mood I've been in lately, the weather is not helping my recent bout of wanderlust. Nothing makes you want to fly off somewhere with sunshine and beaches like rain in mid-June. Since my move back to Boston over two weeks ago, my dresses have stayed packed away in a suitcase. I look at them everyday, sadly folded and waiting for the sun to return. I could unpack them. Air them out and place them on hangers. But that would just be teasing them. And myself.

I spent most of March and April waiting for the rain to stop. Reminding myself that March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. That April showers bring May flowers. And then I spent the week of my birthday waiting for the rain to disappear. Hoping that my newly straightened hair wouldn't be ruined. That I wouldn't have to dig up some pair of rain proof shoes to wear in place of my bejeweled golden flats. The rain finally fled the day before my celebration. But it didn't stay away for long.

And it doesn't seem to plan on going away anytime soon.

No comments: