Sunday, May 3, 2009

Birthday Wishes

Last year I spent the first part of my birthday celebrations in a short gray dress that I wore with black tights. I spent the entire evening pulling at my hem. And though I looked pretty, I wasn't exactly comfortable. Obviously there are times when comfort should be eschewed. A special occasion, like turning 25, is one of those times. But for 26 I've decided all I want is the simplicity of what already sits in my closet.

If this were a different time with different circumstances, I would look outside of my own closet, but the simplicity would remain.

I rarely wear things with high necks. Scoops and Vs are all I own. High necks plus a sizable chest can often lead to unfortunate lumpiness, so I tend to avoid the combination. This top floats in a gentle way. And the flowers add just the right amount of detail.


Now that the weather had turned around, I like to spend my time wandering through different parts of Brooklyn. Usually these wanderings end with me in some boutique or another trying on things I'm not going to purchase. But then I ran into these jeans during a jaunt through Beacon's Closet. There they were. Slim and perfect and $20. Too bad the fact that they were one waist size too small made the act of sitting impossible. And no matter what my best friend says, I can't imagine owning a pair of pants only meant for standing.


I discovered these pumps when doing an assignment for a job I was applying for. And though I'm pretty sure at this point that I'm not getting it, I'm happy that it led me to these.


This is how I want to spend my birthday. Without the tugging and the pulling and the worries.

And maybe with this cake.



Photos via, via, via, via

No comments: