Sunday, November 9, 2008

Bullseye

When I first moved to Brooklyn, I spent a large amount of time at the nearby Target. Only a quick walk away, I find myself indulging far too often. I go for a pack of paper towels, a Vogue follows me home. I replenish my constantly disappearing sock collection and grab a $10 copy of the Ocean's Eleven DVD at the register (believe me, that has paid for itself many times over). I throw a pair of cheap flats into my cart with a bottle of laundry detergent.

In recent years, the store with the red and white bullseye has expanded its fashion offerings. First with their ongoing collaborations with Isaac Mizrahi and Liz Lange. Then by introducing capsule collections from the newest and hottest designers in both accessories and ready-to-wear. The designers got more name recognition in the middle of the nation while Target set itself up to compete with the likes of H&M and Old Navy. Yesterday, while stocking up on paper towels and body wash, I made my way through the clothing, shoe and accessory sections finding things that I liked.

From their most recent GO International collaboration with Jonathan Saunders, I found this dress. It's simple and chic and perfect for the many jobs I imagine myself having, hopefully sooner as opposed to later.


I'm a big fan of Sigerson Morrison flats. It's nice to find a pair that I can actually afford.


I have an unexplainable fascination with leaf earrings that finds me drawn to this pair from the Dean Harris collaboration.


My wardrobe is still lacking in the blouse department. And with Isaac Mizrahi on his way out the door, it would probably be wise to pick this one up as soon as possible.


Sweater dresses are versatile and toasty all at once. And this pattern is one that I find myself able to deal with.


I'm generally anti-plaid, but this jacket totally fits in with the equestrian moment that I am having.


During my two previous trips to Target (one for gum and the other for Halloween candy), I picked up this bag and thought about how nicely it would get along with all the other bags that I have at home. This trip was no different.


These pumps have a Mad Men vibe that I love. And a sensible heel. And they looked really pretty on me when I tried them on before making my way to the last of the Halloween candy.


More equestrian touches for those rainy days.


Whew, that was long. Has anyone actually made it to the end of this post? See, this is what happens when I go to Target. Total craziness ensues. Total affordable craziness.


Photos via

No comments: