Thursday, February 16, 2012

Favorite of the Day: Proenza Schouler

Every season I encounter the same problem as New York fashion week winds down. The boredom approaches. I lazily click through shows and find myself saying "Oh that again..." countless times. It feels as if everything has been said or done and I can't help but look ahead to the European shows.

But I am consistently shaken out of my doldrums by Proenza Schouler.





This Fall/Winter they took us to East Asia, but as always the inspiration for their collection never overwhelmed the clothes. In a season that has been littered with the old shapes, the pieces were molded and crafted in a way that created new ones.

All of my excitement and exhilaration returned and my boredom was replaced by a sadness that the end was near.




Photos via

No comments: