Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Leftovers: Milan Fashion Week FW10

I found myself more in love with Milan this season than I was last season. Love might be stretching it a bit. Let's say that I was less dissatisfied. This shift might have had something to with the inclusion of color, something that had been missing from the other cities. I shy away from wearing bright colors, even though I'm constantly told how good they would look on me and how lucky I am that I can wear them. But even with my proclivity for navy and gray, there was something a bit too melancholy about the runway without the brights. So when they showed up in Milan, I rejoiced.

At Bottega Veneta



At Moschino Cheap & Chic


And, of course, Milan did what it does best. The Sexy.

At Gucci


At Dsquared²


At Emilio Pucci



Outside of the occasional brights and the sex, Milan followed the themes that had been established in New York and London.

There were fur accents...

At Alberta Ferretti


And the military inspiration...

At Moschino Cheap & Chic


At Etro


At MaxMara


At Trussardi 1911


At Fendi



And the minimalism.

At Iceberg


The 1970s trend that peeked out in New York and gathered strength in London reached its peak in Milan.

At No. 21


At Aquilano.Rimondi


But nowhere was it more prevalent than at Salvatore Ferragamo.




But even then you'll need your camel coat.




Photos via

No comments: