Friday, February 13, 2009

Break Time

I'm back in my apartment during a four hour break from shows and presentations sitting in my yoga pants drinking a midday bottle of Brooklyn Lager while watching cartoons. Considering that I spent this morning jogging two blocks in the East Village in heels and a skirt much too short considering how windy it was, this is the best way I can imagine spending my break time.

One of my friends asked about my lack of enthusiasm about the whole thing. I am excited. It should all be fun. But I am tired. Exhausted. I passed out at 9:30 PM last night and slept straight through to the morning. All I want to do right now is fall back into my bed and take a nap. But I don't want to miss Shipley & Halmos. Or Costello Tagliapietra. Or the people I see at these events. Like the guy wearing an oversized tee with Michelle Obama's face on it and a kilt over skinny black jeans.

After you've spent weeks opening invites and trying to get PR people on the phone, it's easy to become disenchanted by the entire process. But once you get there, you remember why you did all of it in the first place.

That is if you ever get back out of your yoga pants and into something more appropriate.

1 comment:

Tamia said...

Hang in there...and keep us updated!