Saturday, February 11, 2012

Favorite of the Day: Billy Reid

I have a bit of a thing for menswear designers who branch out and start making collections for women like Band of Outsiders and Rag & Bone. After receiving a Rag & Bone wool peacoat this past Christmas, I pranced around my house wearing it while singing a made up song with only one lyric. "It's so pretty." (Emphasis on the "It's" and sung in a major key.)

So when Billy Reid, the 2010 winner of the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund, presented his first collection for women last season, I was maybe a bit too excited. (Okay, I was ecstatic.) This season, there were even more pieces for me to daydream about. All those details that are so important in menswear, small changes in lapel width and coat length, are found throughout his women's collection.





It's easy to forget how vital all of those things are until someone kindly reminds you.


Photos via 

No comments: