Thursday, September 29, 2011

Favorite of the Day: Dries Van Noten

There is a short list of sure things in my life. The swan boat ride that I will take at least once during the summer. The fact that I will, without a doubt, walk around any and every bookstore for 27 minutes holding at least five different books because I can't make a decision about which one to bring home. The certainty that I will spill something food-related down my front before an important event.

I take comfort in the good sure things. I try to slide past the bad.

Dries Van Noten's collections rank among the good sure things. This season the prints were moody landscapes. A spectrum of grays punctuated by sharp greens. The shapes, as they so often are in his shows, were tailored yet easy.





There was a direction and vision that could be felt throughout, but it was one not guided by the prevailing winds of the season.


Photos via 

No comments: